Tacoma - Northeast HEADLINES
Residents said their neighbor used to drive around Fife Heights on his orange tractor, acting as a sort of local handyman by cutting back tree branches and doing other favors for neighbors. Just after 4 p.m. Tuesday, Pierce County sheriff’s deputies said, he shot at one of them and at their homes up and down his street before surrendering hours later and being taken into custody.
In the midst of jury selection for his trial in King County, a Tacoma man pleaded guilty Thursday in the rape and torture of a 24-year-old woman he picked up in Seattle and took home to what police called a bondage room in Northeast Tacoma in April 2011.
Tacomas Murray Morgan Bridge reopens at noon Thursday although work will continue through February, city officials said.
A home in Northeast Tacoma was "heavily damaged" in a fire Monday afternoon. The fire appears to have started in the garage, but investigators are still determining where and how it began, Tacoma Fire Department spokesman Joe Meinecke said. No one was injured in the blaze.
A motorcyclist died Sunday after he crossed the center line of Marine View Drive and hit a Nissan Maxima head-on, Tacoma police said.
Pierce Countys newest legislative district the 30th is home one of the more competitive state contests between Republicans this year.
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Morning links: Harvin shows explosiveness
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Police end search for Susan Powell, implicate brother
- 142 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 110 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 70 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 20 Commission unanimously approves Tacoma Narrows Bridge toll hike
- 9 Party lines blur at transportation rally