Idaho Statesman HEADLINES
The Flicks is Boise's first "art house" cinema.
Much has changed in those years, according to the J.R. Simplot Co.
The change would let people drink in some public places before games.
The Canyon County Commission said the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has no jurisdiction over the water that fills Lake Lowell in the Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge.
Boise High's predecessor, Central School, opened in 1882. It stood on what's now the Capitol Mall. As one indicator of Boise's growing population in that era, enrollment at Central was 700 students in just a few years. The crowds inspired the school district to buy land on Washington Street for a new, larger building.
But it's still very cold, so tubing is not advised.
Lindsey Rinehart suggested she was targeted because of her advocacy for less strict marijuana laws. Police said they took her children because they were in danger.
A fire that took out power lines and blew a transformer in Boise Tuesday morning started when Ada County Highway District workers used thermal torches to perform road maintenance, according to Craig Quintana of the ACHD.
The Capital City Development Corporation is looking to demolish two small apartment buildings and replace them with new housing units.
The Idaho senator's campaign lost some cash, and those who took it are gone, too.
After spending a year-and-a-half as guests in the state Capitol, the Boise City Council will return to its renovated home Tuesday.
Sagebrush is one of the iconic plants of Boise and its high desert home.
The motorcycle was the only vehicle involved in the accident, and the man apparently lost control, police said.
The building now known as "The Cabin," helped put Idahoans to work during the Great Depression.
Idaho's new agritourism law takes effect in July and aims to reduce the risk of inviting visitors to a farm or ranch.
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Man, 47, in critical condition after motorcycle crash near Frederickson
- Police end search for Susan Powell, implicate brother
- Morning links: Harvin shows explosiveness
- 137 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 103 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 70 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 18 Commission unanimously approves Tacoma Narrows Bridge toll hike
- 3 Police to offer new details in Susan Powell case