After more than a decade of debate, environmental studies and lawsuits, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officials announced Tuesday plans to list four subspecies of Mazama pocket gophers as threatened under the Endangered Species Act. A threatened species is one that’s likely to become endangered in the foreseeable future if steps aren’t taken to protect it.
Members of Olympia High School’s Oly Grail Knowledge Bowl team used a few strategies to clinch the state 4A championship late last month.
On opening day of the Olympia Farmers Market, Jan Pigman was all smiles as people checked out her assortment of rhubarb, radishes, herbs, artichokes, potatoes and more.
- 467 George Zimmerman found not guilty in death of Trayvon Martin
- 452 Tacoma rally promotes discussion following George Zimmerman verdict
- 394 For Zimmerman, ‘not guilty’ does not equal innocence
- 3 Seattle mayor’s tunnel antics put highways at risk
- 1 NSA revelations reframe digital life for some