Woman burned in Tacoma house fire that began in garage
A woman was burned in a house fire Monday in Northeast Tacoma.
She was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and was reportedly in stable condition, Tacoma police said.
Police and firefighters were investigating what sparked the fire inside the garage of the home in the 4000 block of 52nd Street Northeast. Smoke from the fire could be seen from downtown Tacoma.
Firefighters were called to the house at 12:15 p.m., fire spokesman Joe Meinecke said. The blaze appeared to have started in the garage and spread to other parts of the house.
One occupant of the home was hurt. No firefighters were injured, Meinecke said.
Firefighters brought the blaze under control just before 1 p.m.
Stacey Mulick: email@example.com