The New Tacoma Awards were announced Friday at a luncheon held by the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber.
Five businesses, organizations or people were recognized for their contributions to downtown Tacoma. The awards this year were sponsored by Absher Construction Co.
The 2012 recipients are:
• The Swiss received the Schoenfeld Award that recognizes exemplary performance and pizazz as a retailer.
• LeMay – America’s Car Museum received the Ghilarducci Award that recognizes successful new development, renovation or beautification.
• First Night Tacoma-Pierce County received the Union Station Award that recognizes leading organizations, companies or individuals that have built or sustained momentum for revitalization.
• Tim Waer, Tacoma South Sound Sports, received the Popham Award that recognizes the individual who has done the most to build community spirit.
• Wright Park Sprayground & Playground received the first Public Places Award that recognizes the best activation of a public park, open space or area within the public right of way
For the second year, the awards are glass sculptures made by Hilltop Artists.firstname.lastname@example.org 253-597-854