The state Department of Fish and Wildlife is seeking nominations through Aug. 31 for membership on its advisory groups for salmon management in Willapa Bay and Grays Harbor.
Both advisory groups consist of up to 12 members. The groups advise the department on policy issues associated with conservation and management of salmon stocks in the Willapa Bay and Grays Harbor watersheds.
Each group meets about six times a year, with most of the meetings scheduled from January through April in conjunction with the salmon season-setting process.
Nominations must include:
• The nominee’s name, address and telephone number.
• The advisory group for which the nomination is made (Willapa Bay, Grays Harbor).
• The nominee’s affiliations, if any.
• The name, address and telephone number of any organization submitting a nomination.
• Experience, including the type of experience, and any species or areas of interest, as well as references.
Nominations may be submitted to Barbara McClellan, by mail: 48 Devonshire Road, Montesano, WA 98563; or by email at email@example.com. More information is available by contacting McClellan at 360-249-1213.