An overloaded extension cord caused a house fire early Monday in Tacoma in which a firefighter was injured.
Flames and heavy smoke were reported about 3:10 a.m. in the 5200 block of South Mason Avenue.
Smoke alarms alerted three people inside the home, and they were able to escape the blaze. Two residents were evaluated at the scene and not taken to the hospital.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire, which spread through the interior and the back of the roof area.
Damages were estimated at $200,firstname.lastname@example.org