Vandals have shot out 265 windows at Auburn schools in two nights, causing roughly $25,000 in damage, officials said Tuesday.
Auburn School District officials discovered the vandalism Monday morning. The shooters, believed to be wielding BB guns, hit another four schools Monday night. Auburn Riverside High School alone had 101 broken windows.
There are no suspects. Surveillance footage taken from at least one school was being reviewed.
The Auburn Police Department is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the vandals, Cmdr. Mike Hirman said. Anyone with information was asked to call the department’s tip line at 253-288-7403.
Here’s a tally of the damage so far:
• 101 windows at Auburn Riverside High School.
• 53 windows at Auburn High School.
• 22 windows at Gildo Rey Elementary School.
• 21 windows at Pioneer Elementary School.
• 14 windows at Mount Baker Middle School.
• 13 windows at Olympic Middle School.
• 2 windows at West Auburn High School.
• 2 windows at the Auburn District Pool.
• Windows on two district vehicles.