The Puyallup Roughriders’ fifth- and sixth-grade football team won the Pigskin Classic tournament in Las Vegas on Nov. 24. The Roughriders finished 12-0 overall. They include Elijah Matamoros, Conner Janssen, Carter Pierce, Jacob Holcomb, Jonah Mains, Isiah Choun, Ethan Williams, Darius Morrison, Tyler Avila, Brandon Ogilvie, Valentino Hansen, Nevel Duong-Hector, Michael Dougher, Josh Auvaa, Jayson Lasker, Cohen Cleek, Kyle Cramer, Kyler Johnson and Brayden Molmen. The team was coached by Wilbur Hooks, Jason Wilson, Dean Pierce and Scott Carroll.
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Skagit bridge collapse will mean headaches for Whatcom County, Canada commerce
- Morning links: Do Seahawks lack a deep threat?
- Star Track: Liebel outruns rivals for hurdles crown
- Two alleged sovereign citizens from Pierce County sentenced
- Aaron Goldsmith becomes Mariners new broadcaster
After two years of rotating broadcasters, the Seattle Mariners have settled on a person to permanently join Rick Rizzs in the radio booth.
- Seattle high school softball coach accused of using players to find him dates
Last week, the Roosevelt High School softball coach sent members of his team out on an unusual scavenger hunt. The mission: take photos of "cute girls" and bring them back, with telephone numbers, for his perusal. Instead of fielding flies, the players were farmed out to snag him a date, according to a string of text messages he sent to one of the young women targeted in the hunt.