The RSA Elite U-12 Diamondbacks boys soccer team won the Puget Sound Premier League Classic Division title with a 10-2 record. The Diamondbacks scored 36 goals and allowed just 19 during the season. The team was coached by Dan Oyama and David Vitzthum. The Diamondbacks include Max Pierce, Noah Banken, Reece Rivera, Camden Binkiewicz, Spencer Lovett, AJ Downey, Daniel Averill, Caleb Vitzthum, Austin Tugman, Drew Johnson, Logan Wallace, Dylan Roof, Andrew Darby, Logan Oyama, Jason Kober and Drew Gendreau.
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Morning links: Harvin shows explosiveness
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Police end search for Susan Powell, implicate brother
- 310 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 158 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 112 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 71 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 20 Party lines blur at transportation rally
- Report: Upton declines trade from Arizona to Seattle
Justin Upton is still a member of the Arizona Diamondbacks after reportedly declining a trade to the Seattle Mariners.
- Diamondbacks' Putz placed on DL
Arizona Diamondbacks reliever J.J. Putz was placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday
- Mariners try for Justin Upton, who vetoes transaction
Justin Upton was traded to the Seattle Mariners, until he wasn’t. On Thursday, FoxSports.com reported that the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Mariners had agreed upon a trade that would send the two-time All-Star outfielder to Seattle for a package of four prospects.
- Arizona Diamondbacks (24-18) at Miami Marlins (11-31), 7:10 p.m. (ET)
Tough-luck righty Kevin Slowey tries to end the Miami skid on Friday night when the Marlins host the Arizona Diamondbacks in the opening game of a three-game series at Marlins Park.
- Philadelphia Phillies (16-20) at Arizona Diamondbacks (20-15), 9:40 p.m. (ET)
The Arizona Diamondbacks pretty much know what they are going to get out of starter Patrick Corbin when he takes the mound. They hope the young hurler can pitch them to a season high-tying fourth straight victory on Thursday night in the opener of a four-game series with the Philadelphia Phillies.