United Way of Whatcom County has distributed a little over $82,599 in federal funds to local emergency food and shelter programs.
The dollars came through the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program, which is part of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Recipients are:
- Bellingham Food Bank - $29,000.
- Opportunity Council's Emergency Shelter Program - $20,000.
- Whatcom County Council on Aging's Meals on Wheels - $14,000.
- Northwest Youth Services' Positive Adolescent Development program - $6,500.
- WomenCare Shelter - $5,599.
- YWCA - $5,000.
- Opportunity Council's Maple Alley Inn - $2,500.