A fire Monday at a house for sale in Graham is believed to be arson, according to Graham Fire & Rescue.
A neighbor called 911 about 8:30 a.m. to report a fire burning at a vacant house in the 23700 block of 63rd Avenue East. Crews arrived and initially saw only smoke coming from the chimney.
Firefighters walking the perimeter of the home opened a sliding door on the back patio and saw “thick black smoke from floor to ceiling,” Deputy Chief Gary Franz said. “They couldn’t see anything inside.”
Firefighters quickly doused fires that had started at four spots in the house.
There was no major structural damage, and the loss is estimated to be about $5,000, Franz said.
The investigation was ongoing.stacia.glenn@ thenewstribune.com