• A 12-2 run over the final 61/2 minutes of the first half helped Stadium build a big lead, and the Tigers beat visiting Yelm, 55-36, in Narrows 4A boys basketball. Jordan Powers scored nine of his team-high 14 points in the first half, and Lucious Brown added 10 of his 12 points off the bench during the Tigers’ run. Dale Sullivan led all scorers with 17 for the Tornados.
• Brian Neal sank a winning 3-pointer with two seconds remaining, and Mount Tahoma escaped with a 64-63 victory in double-overtime over visiting Timberline in Narrows 3A boys basketball. The Blazers did not get a good look at a shot at the buzzer.
• Foss’ fullcourt pressure rattled visiting Gig Harbor into 16 first-half turnovers, and the eighth-ranked Falcons cruised to a 66-26 win in Narrows 3A boys basketball.
• Shelton rallied in the fourth quarter for a 43-40 victory over North Thurston in Narrows 3A boys basketball. The outcome at home to snapped a nine-game losing streak for the Highclimbers. Tyler Speaks and Westly Harrison scored 13 points apiece for Shelton.
• The third-ranked Wilson girls bolted to an 18-2 first-quarter lead, and cruised to a 57-37 Narrows 3A basketball victory over host Lincoln. Kaysha Fox led the Rams with 11 points, and Bethany Montgomery chipped in with 10.Staff report