Many government offices and other services will be affected by Monday’s Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday:
• Most government offices, including those of the city of Tacoma and Pierce County, will be closed.
• Tacoma public libraries, regularly closed on Mondays, also will be closed Tuesday in observance of the holiday. Pierce County Library District branches will be closed Monday.
• Most post offices will be closed.
• Tacoma’s landfill, recycling center and household hazardous waste facility will be open. Trash pickup should not be affected.
• Pierce Transit bus services will operate on a regular weekday schedule. The agency’s administrative offices and Bus Shop locations on Commerce Street and at the Tacoma Dome station will be closed.
• Most Sound Transit services, including the Sounder trains, will operate on a regular weekday schedule. Tacoma’s Link will operate on a Sunday schedule.Staff report