Many government offices and other services will be affected by today’s Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday:
- Most government offices, including those of the city of Tacoma and Pierce County, will be closed.
- Tacoma public libraries, regularly closed on Mondays, also will be closed Tuesday in observance of the holiday. Pierce County Library District branches will be closed Monday.
- Most post offices will be closed.
- Tacoma’s landfill, recycling center and household hazardous waste facility will be open. Trash pickup should not be affected.
- Pierce Transit bus services will operate on a regular weekday schedule. The agency’s administrative offices and Bus Shop locations on Commerce Street and at the Tacoma Dome station will be closed.
- Most Sound Transit services, including Sounder trains, will operate on a regular weekday schedule. Tacoma’s Link will operate on a Sunday schedule.