What’s open, closed for holiday
The Presidents Day holiday will affect some local services:
• Tacoma Public Library branches will be closed today in observance of the holiday. Branches regularly are closed on Sundays and Mondays.
• Pierce County Library System branches will be closed Monday.
• Tacoma and Pierce County government offices will be closed Monday.
• Pierce and Sound Transit buses will run on their regular weekday schedules.
• Garbage pickup will not be affected. Tacoma’s landfill, recycling center and household hazardous waste facility at 3510 S. Mullen St. will be open from 8 a.m.–6 p.m. Monday.
• Metered parking will be free in Tacoma on Monday.
The News Tribune