The All-Saints Catholic School's eighth-grade Puyallup basketball team won the Greater Seattle CYO championship on Feb. 10. They beat St. Matthews 28-23 in the title game at Bishop Blanchet High School. It was the first Greater Seattle CYO tournament championship in school history. The All-Saints are Taegan Takoyshi, Abbey Turner, Allison Kelly, Katie Cheek, Courtney Hogan, Sophia Mitchell, Kira McArthur, Abby Burns, Jenny Hagle and Kathryn Murray. The team is coached by Jim Kelly and Kirk McArthur.
- Tacoma Dome no more? Arena could receive a new name
- Tacoma engineer allegedly solicited teen for sex
- Tacoma to sell prime property downtown
- Time on basketball court turns into life-saving day for teenagers
- Lakewood police fatally shoot armed man in Tillicum
- ASTRA celebrates 10 years of community theater
It is sunrise. Birds are chirping. Music will soar, and “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers” will open to mark 10 years of theater for the All-Saints Theatrical Repertoire Association.
- 1950: When ‘country cousins’ from Port Orchard ruled hoops
As another state basketball tournament looms, the movie “Hoosiers” serves as true-story template for the magic high school athletes can create once they realize a team is more than the sum of its individual parts.
- Kings notes: Familiar face at workout a bit odd for ex-Buckeye
Ohio State forward Deshaun Thomas hadn't seen Chris Jent since the end of the Buckeyes' season.
- Gonzaga hoops mafia enjoys owning Vegas
LAS VEGAS — This gambling mecca has long been known as Sin City, but Gonzaga basketball fans favor another nickname for Las Vegas in early March: Spokane South.
- Louisville, Michigan step out of shadows
ATLANTA — The basektball teams at Louisville and Michigan are used to being overlooked.