The All-Saints Catholic School's eighth-grade Puyallup basketball team won the Greater Seattle CYO championship on Feb. 10. They beat St. Matthews 28-23 in the title game at Bishop Blanchet High School. It was the first Greater Seattle CYO tournament championship in school history. The All-Saints are Taegan Takoyshi, Abbey Turner, Allison Kelly, Katie Cheek, Courtney Hogan, Sophia Mitchell, Kira McArthur, Abby Burns, Jenny Hagle and Kathryn Murray. The team is coached by Jim Kelly and Kirk McArthur.
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Skagit bridge collapse will mean headaches for Whatcom County, Canada commerce
- Morning links: Do Seahawks lack a deep threat?
- Star Track: Liebel outruns rivals for hurdles crown
- Two alleged sovereign citizens from Pierce County sentenced
- 1950: When ‘country cousins’ from Port Orchard ruled hoops
As another state basketball tournament looms, the movie “Hoosiers” serves as true-story template for the magic high school athletes can create once they realize a team is more than the sum of its individual parts.
- Gonzaga hoops mafia enjoys owning Vegas
LAS VEGAS — This gambling mecca has long been known as Sin City, but Gonzaga basketball fans favor another nickname for Las Vegas in early March: Spokane South.
- Louisville, Michigan step out of shadows
ATLANTA — The basektball teams at Louisville and Michigan are used to being overlooked.
- Bills promote Whaley to take over as GM
Doug Whaley was promoted to take over as Buffalo Bills general manager, making the team's near top-to-bottom offseason overhaul complete.
- Utah dominates overtime to upset California
Jarred DuBois scored 21 points and hit a tying 3-pointer in the closing seconds of regulation, Jordan Loveridge scored eight of his 20 points in overtime, and Utah upset second-seeded California, 79-69, in the Pacific-12 tournament quarterfinals Thursday night in Las Vegas.