PJ Loko, Rob Howard and Riley Andal, seen with Puyallup High School football coach Gary Jeffers, signed National Letters of Intent on Feb. 6 to play college football. Loko and Howard both signed with Wayne State College, and Andal signed with Pima Community College. “I think they can all compete at that next level,” Jeffers said. “Being able to further their football careers and education is always the goal.”
- Hey, Pete, it's time you talked about Seahawks' drug-test failures
- Years of work reunites teens accused of '88 gang shooting
- Morning links: Holding Carroll’s feet to the fire on PEDs
- Police Beat: A mothers love, and wild punches
- Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency
- 302 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 38 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 37 Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency
- 9 Hey, Pete, it’s time you talked about Seahawks’ drug-test failures
- 7 Years of work reunites teens accused of ’88 gang shooting
- Face it: The American football industry is on its deathbed
With all that college beef on parade this week, the NFL draft is a wonder of sports marketing, a televised pageant for the multibillion-dollar American football industry.
- Demetrius Harris passes up basketball for a chance to play tight end for Chiefs
As recently as six weeks ago, Demetrius Harris thought he'd be preparing for an overseas career in pro basketball.
- Redskins agree to deal with top pick Amerson
The Washington Redskins announced the signing of cornerback David Amerson, the team's highest selection in last month's NFL Draft, on Friday.
- Bills will not tender Donald Jones
Wide receiver Donald Jones will not be re- signed by the Buffalo Bills.
- WSU review shows no abuse by coaches
A Washington State University internal review of the football program found no evidence that supports former wide receiver Marquess Wilson’s claims – later recanted, athletic director Bill Moos said – of “physical, emotional and verbal abuse” by the coaching staff.