School is out for the summer, but many Pierce County families will have trouble filling in for one school activity – lunch.
However, with financial help from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the state Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, local communities will have the resources to feed their children.
Last summer, lunches were served at 793 sites statewide and collectively fed more than 41,000 children per day.
Listed below are places in Pierce County where any child age 18 and under can get a free meal. They are public sites that don’t require enrollment in summer school programs or camps. No proof of school attendance, address, income, or citizenship is required.
Sites are open Monday through Friday unless otherwise noted. Children must eat onsite and aren’t allowed to take meals home. Adults are not allowed to eat any part of the meal.
For more information, or for help finding a summer meal site near you, visit parenthelp123.org or call the Family Food Hotline at 1-888-436-6392 (1-888-4FOODWA).
METROPOLITAN PARKS, TACOMA
Lunch only, June 17 – August 16
- Franklin Park So. 13th & Puget Sound
- Jefferson Park N. 9th & Monroe Street
- McKinley Playfield East 44th & McKinley Avenue
- People’s Center 1602 S. MLK St.
- Portland Avenue Park 3513 Portland Ave.
- South Park 5101 South Puget Sound
- STAR Center 3873 S. 66th St.
- Titlow Park 8425 6th Ave.
- Wapato Park 6500 South Sheridan Ave.
- Wright Park 501 South I St.
CLOVER PARK SCHOOL DISTRICT, LAKEWOOD
Lunch only, July 15 – August 7 (except Clover Park High School)
- Clover Park High School 11023 Gravelly Lake Dr. SW, July 1 – August 9
- Custer Elementary 7801 Steilacoom Blvd. SW
- Evergreen Elementary 9010 Blaine Ave., JBLM
- Lakeview Elementary 10501 47th Ave. SW
- Lochburn Middle School 5431 Steilacoom Blvd. SW
- Oakwood Elementary 3230 85th St. S
- Park Lodge Elementary 6300 100th St. SW
- Tillicum Elementary 8514 Maple St. SW
- Woodbrook Middle School 14920 Spring St.
TACOMA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Breakfast and lunch, Monday-Thursday
- Wilson High School 1202 No. Orchard July 8 – August 8
- Jason Lee Middle School 602 No. Sprague June 24 – August 1 (Lunch only until July 29)
- Lincoln High School 701 So. 37th St. June 24 – August 28
- First Creek Middle School 1801 East 56th St. June 25 – August 15
- Point Defiance Elementary 4330 N. Visscher July 1 – August 8
- Reed Elementary 1802 So. 36th July 1 – August 1
- Roosevelt Elementary 3550E. Roosevelt Ave. July 8 – August 22
- Mount Tahoma High School 4634 So. 74th June 24 – August 1 (No breakfast, M-W until July 8)
July 1 – July 31
- Birney Elementary 1202 South 76th
- Boze Elementary 1140 E. 65th St.
- Gray Middle School 6229 So. Tyler St.
- Stafford Elementary School 1615 South 92nd St.
- Larchmont Elementary 8601 East B St.
- Lister Elementary 2106 E. 44th
- Skyline Elementary 6501 N. 23rd
- Edison Elementary 5830 So. Pine
SUMNER SCHOOL DISTRICT
Lunch only, June 26 – August 23
- Daffodil Valley Elementary 1509 Valley Ave., Sumner
- Liberty Ridge Elementary 12202 209th Ave. Ct. E., Bonney Lake
PENINSULA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Lunch only, June 24 – August 16 (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Key Peninsula Civic Center 17010 S. Vaughn Rd. KPN, Vaughn
ORTING FOOD BANK INC.
Lunch only, June 24 – August 30
- Orting Park, Corner of Train SW & Washington Ave. So.
THE EVERGREEN STATE COLLEGE UPWARD BOUND
Snack only, June 24 – July 25
- Evergreen State College Tacoma Campus 1210 6th Ave.
ALTHEIMER MEMORIAL CHURCH
Breakfast and lunch, June 24 – August 30
- Altheimer Memorial COGIC 1121 South Altheimer St.
BETHEL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Lunch only, June 24- August 16
- Thompson Elementary 303 159th St. E, Tacoma
- Spanaway Lake High School 1305 168th St. E., Spanaway
FRANKLIN PIERCE SCHOOL DISTRICT, TACOMA
Lunch only, June 24 – August 9
- Brookdale Elementary 611 132nd St. S
- Christensen Elementary 10232 Barnes Ln.
- Harvard Elementary 1709 85th St. E.
- Tahoma View Apartments 11208 1st Ave. Ct. E. July 1 – August 9
HOUSE OF PRAYER FOUNDATION, TACOMA
Breakfast and lunch, June 17 – August 30 (Open Sunday)
- Greater Christ Temple 1926 S. G St.
YMCA OF PIERCE AND KITSAP COUNTIES
Lunch and snack, June 24 – August 30
- Mel Korum Familoy YMCA 302 43rd Ave. SE, Puyallup
- Morgan Family YMCA 1002 S. Pearl St., Tacoma
THE FOOD CONNECTION (ST. LEO)
Lunch and snack
Tacoma Locations: June 17 – August 30 (except Coventry Court Apartments)
- Coventry Court Apartments 908 76th St. E, Tacoma June 19 – August 30
- Bergerson Terrace Apartments 5303 South Orchard, Tacoma
- Fircrest Community Center 555 Contra Costa Ave., Fircrest
- Guadalupe Vista 1305 South G St.
- Hillside Terrace 2520 South G St.
- McCarver Park 2301 S J. St.
- Peace Community Center 2106 Cushman Ave., Tacoma
- Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church 5314 Portland Ave., Tacoma
- Salishan 44th & R St., Tacoma
- Tyler Square Apartments 3202 South Tyler St.
- Madronne Pointe Apartments 3202 S. Mason Ave.
Lakewood Locations: June 20 – August 30 (except Green Firs Apartments)
- Green Firs Apartments 5628 Boston Ave. SW June 19 – August 30
- American Lake Park 9222 Veterans Drive SW
- Arrowhead Apartments 10724 109th St. SW
- Laurel Gardens Apartments 6503 150th SW St. (no snack)
- Mobil Manor 3314 96th St. South
- Sage Terrace Apartments 3502 92nd St. S
- Springbrook Park 12501 Addison St. SW
- Tillicum Library 14916 Washington Ave. SW (no snack)
- Tyee Park 11920 Seminole Rd. SW June 24 – August 30
- Colburn Park 5410 20th St. E., Fife
WHITE RIVER SCHOOL DISTRICT
Lunch and snack, June 17 – August 30
- Buckley Youth Activity Center 251 River Ave. N., Buckley
Leah Traxel: (253) 597-8670