A garage caught fire at an Olympia home Friday morning, causing an estimated $225,000 in damage.
Smoke could be seen billowing from a home in the 1900 block of Allegro Drive at 8:39 a.m. The family had left for the day about 30 minutes before the fire was reported.
The fire started in the garage and extended to the attic, causing smoke damage throughout the house, according to Pat Dale of Olympia Fire.
Four engines, a truck and three battalion chiefs responded from Olympia, as well as an engine and chief from Lacey and an engine from Tumwater. The fire was out by 8:55 a.m.
“We have a robust deployment,” Dale said. “We try to overpower these things with a lot of resources quickly, and it works.”
No one was hurt. Crews initially searched for a dog that neighbors feared was inside, but they later learned the dog was with the owner.