Tacoma Public Schools has announced a list of administrative changes for the 2013-14 school year, pending approval by the school board. Changes include:
• The Twilight Academy, a night school previously headquartered at Foss High School, and Tacoma Virtual Learning, the district’s online school, will shift to the newly formed Reengagement and Graduation Support Center at 1818 Tacoma Ave. The center will be under the leadership of Greg Eisnaugle, former co-principal at Lincoln High School. The new center will work to support students who dropped out of school or fell off their graduation path.
• At Jason Lee Middle School, Christine Brandt will become principal, replacing Jon Kellett, who left to become principal at the private Life Christian Academy. Brandt was principal at Meeker Middle School and assistant principal at Wilson High School.
• At Meeker Middle School, Tim Berndt will become interim principal, replacing Brandt. Berndt was assistant principal at Stadium High School.
• At McCarver Elementary School, Wayne Greer will become principal. He replaces Scott Rich, who leaves to become principal at Baker Middle School. Greer was assistant principal at Jason Lee Middle School.
• At Reed Elementary School, Darrell Johnston will become principal, replacing Kathy Boyd, who is retiring. Johnston was principal at Roosevelt Elementary School.
• At Roosevelt Elementary School, Autumn Foster will become principal after working as assistant principal at First Creek Middle School.
• At Franklin Elementary School, Keisha Keller will become principal after working as assistant principal at Sheridan. She replaces Tracye Ferguson, who assumes an administrative position in the central office.
• At Browns Point Elementary School, Forrest Griek will become principal, replacing Pat Thomas, who is retiring. Griek was principal of Foster High School in the Tukwila School District.