Law enforcement officers will be serving food Saturday at Red Robin restaurants across the state to raise funds for Special Olympics Washington.
They'll be serving from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Special Olympics Washington allows children and adults with intellectual disabilities to train and compete in sports year-round. They participate for free, though it costs $650 to support an athlete for a year.
The Tip-a-Cop event raised $100,000 for the state's 10,000 Special Olympics athletes last year, and has brought in more than $2 million since it started eight years ago.
Diners who give at least $100 will have a chance to win a pair of roundtrip airline tickets.
Red Robin locations participating locally include:
· Lakewood Towne Center (10311 Gravelly Lake Drive SW)
· Auburn Super Mall (1002 Super Mall Way)
· Puyallup (3609 9th Street SW)
· Kent (25207 104th Ave. SE)
· Olympia (600 Cooper Point Rd., SW)
· Federal Way (2233 S. 320th Street)
· Tacoma (3901 S. Steele St.)
· Lacey (1110 Galaxy Drive NE #A
· South Puyallup (16904 Meridian East, Suite 105)
For more information, visit http://www.specialolympicswashington.org/.