Candle causes fire at Tacoma boarding home

Staff writerNovember 5, 2013 

A candle caught fire to a group boarding home in Tacoma Monday night, causing about $19,000 in damages, the Fire Department said.

The blaze was reported about 9:35 p.m. in the 1200 block of South 37th Street. All 11 people who lived there were able to escape prior to the firefighters’ arrival but crews rescued and resuscitated a cat.

The Red Cross helped find the residents temporary housing.

The News Tribune is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service