Man posts $20,000 bail after alleged threat made to Tacoma city employee

Staff writerNovember 5, 2013 

A man who brought an unsuccessful lawsuit against the City of Tacoma 13 years ago posted $20,000 bail Tuesday after he allegedly made a threat to a city employee last month.

The 74-year-old pleaded not guilty Monday to threatening to bomb or injure property.

He allegedly called a worker who handles claims against the city on Oct. 31, and demanded that he get $1,000 for every week back through 2000.

According to prosecutors, when the suspect became frustrated he said: "you remember Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma courthouse? Well you remember that."

At one point at the time of the lawsuit proceedings, prosecutors said he made a gun out of his hand and pointed it at an assistant city attorney.

Further details about the suit were not immediately available.

A condition of the suspect's release is that he must surrender all weapons to law enforcement and not have hostile contact with any City of Tacoma government employee. 

Alexis Krell: 253-597-8268

alexis.krell@thenewstribune.com

www.thenewstribune.com/crime-news

@amkrell

The News Tribune is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service