Crews fight Gig Harbor-area garage fire

Staff writerDecember 8, 2013 

Firefighters were dispatched about 8:45 a.m. Sunday to the 3200 block of 73rd Avenue Court Northwest after a homeowner called 911 to report smoke coming from the garage.

Smoke detectors alerted those in the house of the fire, and one person tried to put out the blaze with a portable extinguisher, but was not successful.

No one was hurt.

Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One firefighters quickly put out the flames before the fire got to the main house.

The fire started in some electrical wiring, and the damage is estimated at $8,000.

alexis.krell@thenewstribune.com

The News Tribune is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service