Small electrical fire prompts big response at Tacoma Dome Motel

Staff writerDecember 27, 2013 

A guest of the Tacoma Dome Hotel checks her smart phone Friday as a firefighter investigates a blaze that sent smoke through the building's first floor.

ADAM LYNN — Staff writer

Faulty wiring sparked a fire inside an electrical box at the Tacoma Dome Hotel on Friday night, drawing a large response from the Tacoma Fire Department.

Firefighters were dispatched to the hotel about 7:30 p.m. after an alarm inside the building began sounding.

The first firefighters on the scene smelled smoke and called for more resources, the department reported. Hotel guests were asked to leave or gather in the lobby as fire crews searched for the source of the smoke.

They found it in a first-floor electrical box, where some wiring had caught fire.

The fire was quickly extinguished, and guests were allowed to return to their rooms about 8:15 p.m.

No one was hurt, and damage was minimal.

The News Tribune is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service