UPDATE: Tacoma Fire said two families were displaced by the fire, which was caused by unattended cooking. No one was injured.
INITIAL POST: Firefighters responded about 3:30 p.m. Sunday to a report of an apartment fire in the Swan Creek area of Tacoma.
Some of the apartments near East Portland Avenue and East 56th Street were evacuated, Tacoma Fire Battalion Chief Jolene Davis said.
There had not been any reports of injuries, and crews were still fighting the fire as of 4 p.m., she said.
The Red Cross was called to help residents displaced by the fire.
Further details were not immediately available.