Tacoma house fire caused by electrical shortage

Staff writerJanuary 7, 2014 

A fire that displaced seven people from their Tacoma home Monday was caused by an electrical wire shortage in the attic, according to the Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the blaze in the 3500 block of South Sheridan Avenue about 3:30 p.m. and found smoke coming from both sides of the 1,500-square-foot home.

Crews extinguished the flames and ventilated the roof.

The fire caused about $23,000 in damage. Three adults and four children home at the time were not injured.

The News Tribune is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service