Gig Harbor resident puts out fire at neighbor's home

Staff writerJanuary 9, 2014 

COURTESY PHOTO — Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One

Firefighters responded to reports of smoke and fire at a Gig Harbor home Thursday, to find a neighbor putting out the blaze with a garden hose.

The fire was about 9 a.m. near Wollochet Drive Northwest and 37th Street Northwest, by Wollochet Bay.

No one was injured.

The blaze started on the deck of the home, and had extended up the side of the house.

Firefighters checked the siding of the home, and the homeowners were contacted.

They told firefighters they had microwaved a device used to keep their dog warm before leaving for work.

That may have started the fire in the dog house near the back door, according to Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One.

The dog is OK, spokeswoman Nanette Tatom said.

alexis.krell@thenewstribune.com

The News Tribune is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service