Police Beat: Lil Bit gets into a lot of trouble

Staff writerJanuary 18, 2014 

Editor’s note: Compiled from reports to Tacoma Police.

Jan. 14: On the street, her name was Lil Bit White Female. She was 25.

She worked a morning shift, walking up the 8400 block of Pacific Avenue at 10 a.m. on a Tuesday. She wore skin-tight black pants and a black shirt, and glanced at passing cars. Those driven by men tended to slow down.

A police officer watched Lil Bit walk up the block, turn around for no apparent reason and head the other way. A maroon minivan drove past, pulled a sudden U-turn and veered into a nearby parking lot.

The brake lights on the minivan blinked; a standard signal. Lil Bit walked over, opened the passenger door and slipped inside.

The officer waited a few minutes, pulled into the parking lot and flicked the emergency lights. Lil Bit stepped out of the minivan and walked away quickly.

The officer told her to stop. She stopped. He asked her questions. She said she understood her rights.

Did she have any weapons?

A knife, she said. The officer took it, along with a plastic baggie filled with crystals.

Meth, Lil Bit said – she got it from a friend. The officer put her in his patrol car and walked back to the minivan.

The man inside was 32 and nervous. He said his English was limited. The officer spoke to him in Spanish. The man said he didn’t know Lil Bit. She’d jumped into his car and asked if he had money, then jumped out when the officer showed up.

The man said he knew what Lil Bit was doing, and knew what she was offering.

He had no prior record. The officer released him and walked back to his patrol car.

Lil Bit said the man offered money for sex. She said she’d just asked for a ride. She had a lengthy record. In addition to the meth and the knife, she carried five plastic pipes with scorched ends, seven white pills and a driver’s license with someone else’s name and picture.

The officer booked her into the Pierce County Jail on suspicion of loitering for prostitution, drug possession and possession of stolen property.

Jan. 12: The girlfriend claimed credit for the beatdown. It was an empty boast; all she did was pull hair while her boyfriend threw the punches.

The call came in at 3:40 a.m., reported as a street fight. Officers drove to the 8400 block of East B Street and then to the parking lot of Larchmont Elementary School.

They found a man, 31, a woman, 28, and a shouting match.

“You just got your ass beat by me and my man,” the woman said. She was drunk, according to the police report.

The man said he didn’t need medical aid. The woman shouted while the officers talked to him. They told her to quiet down. She wouldn’t. They cuffed her and stowed her in the patrol car.

The man explained: his friend had broken up with the woman in the patrol car a day earlier. The friend needed a place to spend the night. The man allowed it. They hung out, drank beer and watched the Seahawks beat the Saints.

After the game, the two men dozed off. A bit later, they woke up to pounding at the front door. The woman, spurned and angry, walked in and started yelling at everyone.

The man told his friend to control his ex, though the words were less complimentary. The man went to the couch to lie down again, but before he knew it, his friend and the woman were on him; she pulled his hair, and the friend punched him in the gut about 10 times.

At this point, the man’s girlfriend came out of a bedroom and told the attackers to stop and get out. The friend and the woman left. The girlfriend closed the door and locked it.

The couple didn’t leave. The friend tore the screen door off the frame. He and his ex started pounding at the door with a dog bowl, scattering kibble over the front steps. The man stepped out and chased them away. The girlfriend called police.

The man followed the couple to the school. When the patrol car arrived, the friend ran away. Officers couldn’t find him.

They told the woman she was under arrest for simple assault and destruction of property. The woman screamed at them. Officers booked her into the SCORE jail in Des Moines.

Jan. 11: The teenager was 15, prone to threats of suicide and fits of anger. Police officers drove to his home in the 5100 block of Green Hills Avenue Northeast. The report said he was out of control.

A social worker from Catholic Community Services answered the door. She said the boy was under 24-hour supervision and psychiatric care, though he lived with his mother.

Today the boy got angry, started throwing things and punched holes in the walls of his bedroom, the worker said.

Officers went to the bedroom door and saw the boy sitting on the floor. There were holes in the wall. A bookcase was knocked over.

“Shoot me,” the boy said. “Tase me, kill me – take your gun and kill me.”

Officers called Remann Hall and said they were bringing the boy in. Workers said they’d keep a close eye on him.

The social worker said staffers at Remann Hall knew the boy well, and a mental-health screening would follow. Officers booked the boy on suspicion of malicious mischief.

Sean Robinson: 253-597-8486

The News Tribune is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service