UPDATE as of 3:45 p.m. A 50-year-old man was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle to be treated for significant burns, Central Pierce Fire & Rescue spokesman Ed Hrivnak said, adding that he did not consider the injuries to be life-threatening. Hrivnak said there was propane, white gas, and gasoline in the RV. A propane lantern inside might have caused the explosion by igniting vapors from the fuels, he said.
INITIAL POST: One person was seriously injured this morning after an RV exploded in a Spanaway parking lot, according to Central Pierce Fire & Rescue. The accident happened about 9:20 a.m. outside the Walmart Supercenter, 20307 Mountain Highway E.
Officials said the explosion was possibly sparked by storing fuels near an open flame.
This is a developing story. Check back later for details.