No one injured in small garbage fire at Tacoma General ER

Staff writerFebruary 10, 2014 

Staff quickly extinguished a small garbage fire at Tacoma General Hospital's emergency room Monday night before firefighters arrived, Tacoma Fire spokesman Joe Meinecke said.

No one was injured by the fire, which started about 8 p.m. at the hospital at 315 Martin Luther King Junior Way, Meinecke said.

Crews briefly evacuated the lobby of the emergency room, but expected people would be able to reenter shortly, Meinecke said about 8:30 p.m.

He said it appeared someone set the fire, possibly on accident, but that exactly what caused it wasn't yet known.

Damage was minimal, he said, and patients were not affected

alexis.krell@thenewstribune.com

The News Tribune is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service