Tacoma's Stephanie Anne Johnson, a contestant on last season's "The Voice" kicks off the free outdoor concert series, Summer Sounds at Skansie, on June. 24. The shows run on consecutive Tuesdays until August 19 on the waterfront in Skansie Brothers Park, in downtown Gig Harbor.
All concerts start at 6:30 p.m.
Here's the rest of the line-up:
· July 1: 133rd ARMY Band - Patriotic tunes
· July 8: Off The Hook - a mix of old school funk, R&B and classic soul
· July 15: Ranger & the ‘Re-Arrangers’ - gypsy jazz
· July 22: Beatniks - rock and dance beat
· July 29: Chris Anderson - jazz standards, to Motown, to traditional Pop
· August 5: Blue Rocket Music - country and rockabilly
· August 12: Stick Shift Annie with Kimball & the Fugitives - red hot blues, jazz, swing and rock
· August 19: Funaddicts - fun dance tunes
Returning in 2014 is the restaurant delivery service to the park by selected downtown Gig Harbor eateries.
Organizers remind concert goers:
- To ride the Gig Harbor Trolley and bring chairs or blankets.
- Chairs set up in advance are at owners risk and management’s discretion.
- No roping off is allowed.
- No tents, canopies or umbrellas will be allowed.
- All Gig Harbor parks are smoke free.