Looking for a way to help the victims of the mudslide in Oso? Here are some ways to give to those affected by the disaster.
- Red Cross: If you wish to help victims of the Oso mudslide, cash donations are preferred. The American Red Cross is no longer collecting items. Go to the Red Cross of Snohomish County at www.redcross.org/snoco to donate. People also can text “RedCross” to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- United Way has established a community-wide recovery fund to assist those affected by the mudslide. Information on how to donate is at www.uwsc.org. Checks may be sent to: United Way of Snohomish County, Attn: Finance Dept., 3120 McDougall Ave., Suite 200, Everett, WA 98201.
- The Salvation Army is collecting donations for local disaster relief efforts. Donate by phone at 800-725-2769, online at www.salvationarmynw.org or by mail to the Salvation Army, Northwest Divisional Headquarters, 111 Queen Anne Avenue N. Suite 300, Seattle, WA, 98109. Designate your gift as “disaster relief.”
- The Cascade Valley Hospital Foundation is a local organization that’s giving 100 percent of donations directly to those affected. The Cascade Valley Hospital in Arlington treated several victims in the aftermath of the mudslide. Donate online at bit.ly/1lqjpXz or by phone at 360-435-2133, ext. 7805. You can drop off/mail donations to 330 S. Stillaguamish Ave. in Arlington or donate to the fund through an account at any Union Bank.
- A special Mudslide Relief Campaign has been organized by the Community Fund Drive, state government’s workplace giving program that invites state and higher education employees to give to the charity of their choice. For information, go to www.cfd.wa.gov.
- The Snohomish County Volunteer Search and Rescue K9 Team is taking donations through its website at scvsark9.org or mailed to 5506 Old Machias Rd. Snohomish, WA 98290.
- The city of Darrington has said that people looking to donate by mail can send a check made out to “North Counties Relief Fund” at Coastal Community Bank. PO Box 90, Darrington, WA 98241.
Source: The Herald of Everett