Although an explosion that destroyed a Tacoma trailer was initially believed to be related to a methamphetamine lab, the Fire Department said Tuesday the fire was started by a leaking propane tank.
The 30-foot metal trailer was kept in the backyard of a house in the 1000 block of S. 88th Street. It exploded about 1:45 a.m. Monday after a man turned on a heater, igniting propane gas from a portable tank that had been leaking gas into the trailer, according to the Fire Department.
One man was found outside the trailer after it caught fire. A second man was located several blocks away after he fled the scene. Both suffered minor injuries.
The blaze caused about $7,000 in damages.