With unusually warm temperatures forecast for this week, we all might be looking for ways to cool off. Metro Parks Tacoma announced Monday that it will open seven of its nine spraygrounds Wednesday as one means of beating the early season heat.
The seven locations will be open Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Visitors should be aware that the early opening overlaps with the maintenance staff’s pre-season testing period.
The sprayground that will be open are:
- Franklin Park, 1201 S. Puget Sound
- Jefferson Park, 801 N. Mason Ave.
- Kandle Park, 2323 N. Shirley St.
- Norpoint Park, 4818 Nassau Ave. NE
- Titlow Park, 8425 Sixth Ave.
- Verlo Playfield (formerly known as McKinley Playfield), 4321 McKinley Ave.
- Wright Park, 501 South I St.
All nine sprayground locations will be open Saturdays and Sundays, regardless of the weather, from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. beginning Saturday. They will be open daily 10 a.m.-8 p.m. May 27 - Sept. 1 and 10 a.m.-8 p.m. weekends from Sept. 2-28.
The other two spraygrounds are:
- Wapato Hills Park, 6231 S. Wapato St.
- South Park, 4851 South Tacoma Way
The park district’s newest sprayground, located at the SERA Campus near STAR Center, is still under construction and will open to the public on June 1.