• Kayla Muche’s three-run double in the fifth inning gave defending 4A SPSL South softball champion Emerald Ridge the lead for good, and the Jaguars handed host Puyallup (15-2 overall, 14-1 SPSL) its first league loss, 8-7. Chelsey Hayes got the victory in relief for the Jaguars (9-8, 8-5). Puyallup ace Marissa Miller (15-1) was doomed by four Vikings errors, and saw her unbeaten streak end.
• Host Yelm tallied three first-inning runs to back starting pitcher Megan Mendonca, and the Tornados defeated Gig Harbor, 4-2, in a 4A Narrows softball game. The Tornados (12-3, 8-2) have a chance to tie for the league lead if they can beat Olympia on Wednesday. The Tides (12-4, 6-4) are still alone in third place.
• Quinn Breidenbach fired a two-hitter over five innings and collected four hits, leading Enumclaw to a 14-0 3A SPSL softball victory over host Bonney Lake. The Hornets (17-0, 13-0) are one game away from finishing league play undefeated.
• Breanna Richardson popped a three-run home run in the first inning, and defending 2A SPSL softball champion Fife (16-1, 14-0) extended its league winning streak to 31 games in a row with a 5-0 win at Orting.
• Alivia Brown fired an even-par 36 to lead four-time defending 4A state girls golf champion Bellarmine Prep to a 166-94 victory over visiting Olympia at Fircrest Golf Club.
The Lions (9-0, 5-0) clinched at least a share of their 11th 4A Narrows title under coach Mark Bender, and can win it outright if they defeat Gig Harbor on Thursday at Madrona Links.Staff report