Tacoma apartment fire caused by food on the stove

Staff writerJuly 2, 2014 

A fire that prompted the evacuation of 50 people at a Tacoma apartment complex Tuesday started because someone left food cooking unattended on a stove, the department said.

The blaze caused an estimated $270,000 to six units at the Madrona Pointe Apartments, 3202 S. Mason Ave.

A family of four was displaced but no one was seriously injured. Firefighters rescued a dog and cat from the flames.

Crews were called to the building just before 5 p.m. and knocked down the fire within an hour.

Stacia Glenn: 253-597-8653 stacia.glenn@thenewstribune.com

The News Tribune is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service