A counterfeit life HEADLINES
Kirk Arthur had never seen anything like the case of Heinz Schirmaier.
Chuck Swanson arrived early for the 9 a.m. court hearing Dec. 7, 2001.
A dentist bill for $286.73.
Heinz Schirmaier's life as Chuck Swanson nearly ended in 1982, when his new wife went digging through a shoe box of his belongings and found an identification card in his real name.
Chuck Swanson was the wrong guy to steal from.
Heinz Schirmaier wanted a new life. In the fall of 1978, the 38-year-old German immigrant found himself in Colorado in the middle of a breakup with his third wife, a bitter split in which he was accused of firing a gun during an argument.
Renee Schirmaier always believed her dad would come back for her.
- Morning links: Can newcomers create pass rush?
- Rogue crosswalk appears amid traffic concerns in Tacoma neighborhood
- Applebee's restaurant planned for University Place
- Bruce Irvin suspended 4 games for violating NFL policy on performance enhancing substances
- Police Beat: A mothers love, and wild punches