Mt. Rainier HEADLINES
Low snowpack this winter allowed crews to open the area about a month early.
Projects include greenhouse work, amphibian and butterfly surveys, and a chance to perform.
As the climbing season gets underway on Mount Rainier, a specialized rescue team has been training to be ready when things go wrong on the 14,411-foot peak.
Entrance and camping fees will rise to generate more money for park to maintain programs and facilities.
Estimated cost at parks nationwide reaches $11.49 billion.
Poems will be placed along four trails along the northern edge of the park.
Those hoping to score a last-minute Wonderland Trail permit are out of luck, Mount Rainier National Park announced Friday.
Delays will impact visitors on the eastside of the volcano.
Mount Rainier National Park has nearly $300 million in deferred infrastructure maintenance, according to a statement released by the park Thursday.
USGS hydrologist Matt Bachmann will give presentation March 20.
Paradise at Mount Rainier lived up to its name Wednesday.
A man found dead at Mount Rainier has been identified as 37-year-old Louis Landry of Puyallup, the Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office said Tuesday.
- 467 George Zimmerman found not guilty in death of Trayvon Martin
- 452 Tacoma rally promotes discussion following George Zimmerman verdict
- 394 For Zimmerman, ‘not guilty’ does not equal innocence
- 3 Seattle mayor’s tunnel antics put highways at risk
- 1 NSA revelations reframe digital life for some