Mt. Rainier HEADLINES
Entrance and camping fees will rise to generate more money for park to maintain programs and facilities.
Estimated cost at parks nationwide reaches $11.49 billion.
Poems will be placed along four trails along the northern edge of the park.
Those hoping to score a last-minute Wonderland Trail permit are out of luck, Mount Rainier National Park announced Friday.
Delays will impact visitors on the eastside of the volcano.
Mount Rainier National Park has nearly $300 million in deferred infrastructure maintenance, according to a statement released by the park Thursday.
USGS hydrologist Matt Bachmann will give presentation March 20.
Paradise at Mount Rainier lived up to its name Wednesday.
A man found dead at Mount Rainier has been identified as 37-year-old Louis Landry of Puyallup, the Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office said Tuesday.
On a snowshoe trip to Camp Muir, missing man got lost during winter storm Saturday night.
If the scientists are right, the end is near for a Northwest treasure at least as we know it. Climate change is melting Mount Rainiers glaciers at six times the historic rate.
Man had fallen 50 feet and broke both bones in one lower leg.
- 467 George Zimmerman found not guilty in death of Trayvon Martin
- 452 Tacoma rally promotes discussion following George Zimmerman verdict
- 394 For Zimmerman, ‘not guilty’ does not equal innocence
- 3 Seattle mayor’s tunnel antics put highways at risk
- 1 NSA revelations reframe digital life for some