- Its official: Tolls on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge will increase 25 cents starting July 1, with another 25-cent toll increase set for July 1, 2014.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
When Mike and Shawna Allen first heard about the McCarver Program, the deal sounded too good to be true. The Allens were close to desperation at the time — crammed into a Tacoma homeless shelter with three small children, no money and no prospect of jobs.
At least three Republican state lawmakers rallied Monday on the Capitol steps with backers of a gas tax and fee increase that would pay for roads, ferries, mass transit and other transportation improvements.
- Judge upholds ruling on mentally ill, hospitals
- Thoms misused office, ethics board rules
- Broadway Center lists 2013-14 shows
Alivia Brown’s fascination with golf did not start on speedy putting greens, or at some rundown driving range.
- Pierce County prosecutors have charged a man with second-degree murder for allegedly killing a man with a single punch at a Lakewood bar.
Most Recent CommentRe: Ruston moratorium baffles business owners
|She moved to Bainbridge Island. It's nice and all white. :)|
YOU POST IT
Crime & Sex Offender map
Search crime reports and sex offenders in your neighborhood.
Washington State School Employees
Updated database details pay, education and experience for teachers and other public education employees statewide.
Man hit by Sound Transit train near SoDo station
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Morning links: Harvin shows explosiveness
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Police end search for Susan Powell, implicate brother
- 140 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 110 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 70 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 20 Commission unanimously approves Tacoma Narrows Bridge toll hike
- 9 Party lines blur at transportation rally