Published: 04/29/13 15:57:13
The language, mood and family dynamics of The Rainmaker by N. Richard Nash, currently playing at Lakewood Playhouse, is reminiscent of Grapes of Wrath and Tennessee Williams Glass Menagerie, and in a different way of The Music Man, which could have been lifted almost entirely from Nashs script.
Published: 04/08/13 14:53:46
Legally Blonde, the musical now playing at Tacoma Musical Playhouse, is a high-energy song-and-dance fest replete with silly jokes from sorority girls and scheming law students. Based on the film starring Reese Witherspoon, its the story of Elle Woods (Leah Wickstrom), a ditzy blonde who goes to Harvard Law to recapture the love of her boyfriend.
Published: 03/21/13 13:28:49
TLT's production is more than just a play; it is an historic event for Tacoma. It was adapted from the Amy Tan book by David Hsieh, founding artistic director for ReAct Theatre in Seattle, where it was first performed. This production, like the original, is directed by Hsieh and features at least two of the original actors. It is only the second time it has been performed anywhere.
MORE Alec Clayton
Published: 02/06/13 15:07:54
Tacoma Little Theatre's "Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks" is a delight, thanks to stars Sharry O'Hare and Micheal O'Hara.
Published: 01/17/13 17:13:17
Like other disturbing literary properties such as Lord of the Flies and The Crucible, "The Children's Hour" is about the harm caused by a young sociopath. Because of subject matter that should no longer be controversial, it is seldom performed by community theaters. Kudos to Lakewood Playhouse for bringing it here, and to the cast and crew for tackling such an intense drama.
Lights & Sirens: King County Sheriff's deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
Word on the Street: Puyallup City Council approves appointments to new citizens task force on homelessness
- King County Sheriff’s deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
- Seahawks' Lynch has DUI motion continued
- History lesson blooming in Steilacoom
- Marshawn Lynch DUI case continued to July 5
- Pentagon finds budget cuts not so hard after all
- 365 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 171 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 30 Party lines blur at transportation rally