Bus, truck, trailer. It doesn’t matter what you call a taco truck. They’re all vehicles for delivering delicious, affordable, portable Mexican food.
I sat in a booth across from a group of four men. As my dining partners and I waited for our burgers and steaks at Bonney Lake’s Midtown Grill, I watched the table of men with their eyes glued to different flat panels. One had his eye on a soccer match; another watched the daily sports highlights. They talked, ate and kept their eyes on the scores.
The sophisticated Italian restaurant Marzano. The mom-and-pop Mexican restaurant Reyna’s. The now-defunct Cajun eatery From The Bayou. Parkland long has been a destination for interesting dining.
The South Sound restaurant scene has the market cornered on teriyaki and Thai and it seems you can’t turn in a circle without finding a new Vietnamese restaurant. But when it comes to Polish or Russian food, it might be easier to have someone’s grandma do the cooking because those restaurants are in short supply
A Tacoma cupcake bakery has opened a second outpost in Puyallup, a new craft cocktail lounge and restaurant will open on the Foss Waterway later this summer, and an Irish pub will open in downtown Puyallup this month. Read all about newcomers to the South Sound restaurant scene:
A new Italian restaurant and a high-end restaurant featuring oft-overlooked proteins are opening this summer. Interesting things are happening to the South Sound dining scene. Take a look:
One is a bar, the other is a burger shack. Both make decidedly upscale burgers with value in mind. Certified Angus beef, fresh-cut fries – magic words for burger and fries lovers. They sucked me in, and I left impressed. Dirty Oscar’s Annex on Tacoma’s Sixth Avenue and the Gourmet Burger Shop in Gig Harbor both opened in recent months. Both should be on your burger radar.
- Hey, Pete, it's time you talked about Seahawks' drug-test failures
- Years of work reunites teens accused of '88 gang shooting
- Police Beat: A mothers love, and wild punches
- Morning links: Holding Carroll’s feet to the fire on PEDs
- Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency
- 301 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 37 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 35 Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency
- 8 Hey, Pete, it’s time you talked about Seahawks’ drug-test failures
- 5 Years of work reunites teens accused of ’88 gang shooting