LATEST FROM THE AP: Breaking News | Business News | Consumer News | Entertainment News | Food and Wine News | Health Science News | Home and Garden News | Nation and World News | Outdoors News | Politics News | Religion News | Sports News | Technology News | Travel News | Weird News | World News
AP Home & Garden HEADLINES
Kate O'Reilly's spring allergy survival kit includes the usual stuff - nasal sprays, allergy pills and a box of tissues. This season, she's added a new weapon to her line of defense: an app on her smartphone.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Gardeners, if you've ever been tempted to give Mother Nature a little nudge, consider installing a greenhouse.
Actor Nick Nolte has put a Malibu compound up for sale that has seen a galaxy of stars come through its arched entryway.
It is the kind of tree house that a kid could spend all day and all night inside.
ON THE SHELF: BOOK COVERS UPHOLSTERY BASICS
Ah the family pet. A source of great joy, deep camaraderie and yes, at least occasional frustration.
While the warm growing season has struggled to get established, the Pink Fountain gaura has been blooming with aplomb. The plant is so beautiful, it commands attention.
I was looking at my home's back steps, constructed of pressure-treated wood, and decided it was time for the annual get-rid-of-the-mildew-and-seal-them program.
It's time to dream of those summertime sandwiches and BLTs, made with tomatoes you grow in your own yard - in pots or the ground.
Facebook Home was introduced with much fanfare one month ago. So far it has not lived up to the hype.
Days of Malibu living are long gone for Barbie. The iconic doll has moved to Florida and is inviting people to step into her life-size dream house, the first one now open worldwide.
Greg Cantori plans to downsize when he retires. Really, really downsize.
For years the neighborhood florist was the go-to place for special-occasion arrangements and the occasional pick-me-up of cut flowers. Now as grocery stores, farmers markets - even hardware stores - have made fresh flowers so readily available, designers Alethea Harampolis and Jill Rizzo of the San Francisco firm Studio Choo have another suggestion: Be your own florist.
Vince Vaughn has bought a house for $3.925 million in an area of Los Angeles one might not normally associate with actors - La Canada Flintridge.
"Imaginary Worlds: Plants Larger Than Life" opened Saturday at the Atlanta Botanical Garden, featuring 19 sculptures festooned with 118,000 living plants.
Lights & Sirens: Bonney Lake woman pleads guilty to bilking homeowners' association, former employer
Word on the Street: Puyallup City Council approves appointments to new citizens task force on homelessness
- Fallen Tacoma firefighter lived life filled with discoveries, explorations
- Proctors bike-rack bureaucracy tests patience of local Boy Scout
- Morning links: Deflating news on Hawks has columnist questioning prediction of perfect season
- Harvin's versatility is tantalizing, as long as he stays upright
- Man critically injured in Frederickson motorcycle crash was off-duty King County deputy
- 360 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 169 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 30 Party lines blur at transportation rally