AP Nation HEADLINES
Commuters facing long delays after a train collision disrupted their route along Connecticut's shoreline can look forward to easier traveling.
Officials at two hospitals say they've been treating more than 120 patients, including about 50 children, since a massive tornado hit suburban Oklahoma City.
Several children have been pulled out of the rubble alive at a school in an Oklahoma City suburb.
The National Weather Service says the tornado that hit Moore, Okla., had wind speeds up to 200 mph.
A large tornado is bearing down near Oklahoma City, part of a series of severe storms expected across portions of the Midwest.
Illinois State Police say five people were killed and six others injured when a van in which they were riding left a southern Illinois freeway and overturned several times.
Officials in Joplin, Mo., have brought together a team of public safety employees they are sending to tornado-stricken Moore.
The devastating tornado that swept through Oklahoma turned houses into matchsticks and sent parents and teachers running to pull children from the wreckage of an elementary school in the eye of the storm. At least 51 people were killed by the 200-mph storm and dozens of homes destroyed. The toll was expected to rise. Here are images from the aftermath :
Tornado warnings have been issued across much of the Midwest, stretching from Oklahoma to Illinois, following a second deadly twister in as many days in the Oklahoma City area.
Officials say a tornado hit a small hospital in suburban Oklahoma City, but all the 30 patients inside survived.
A judge approved a request Monday by Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's defense attorneys to receive records compiled on him in federal prison.
Wildlife officials say a Burmese python nearly 19 feet long has been captured in South Florida.
The fourth week of protests led by the North Carolina chapter of the NAACP has ended in the arrests of more than 50 people at the state legislature.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers in Los Angeles have made some unusual seizures, including elephant meat, a dead primate and hundreds of handbags made from the skin of snakes, lizards and crocodiles.
An Alaska volcano eruption is prompting regional airlines to cancel flights to nearby communities, including a town that reported traces of fallen ash.
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Man, 47, in critical condition after motorcycle crash near Frederickson
- UPDATED: Two arrested in fatal assault at Lakewood poolroom
- Tacoma brothers plead guilty to killing fellow teenager last year, get prison terms
- DE Cliff Avril sits with foot issue
- 304 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 139 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 105 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 66 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 55 Tacoma program uses housing to promote good parenting, self-sufficiency