- Jonathan Quick saved his best save for the final minute, sliding deftly across his crease and snagging Joe Pavelski's shot from point-blank range to the grateful gasps of the Los Angeles Kings' sellout crowd.
LATEST FROM THE AP: Breaking News | Business News | Consumer News | Entertainment News | Food and Wine News | Health Science News | Home and Garden News | Nation and World News | Outdoors News | Politics News | Religion News | Sports News | Technology News | Travel News | Weird News | World News
AP Sports News HEADLINES
Ron Gardenhire has never made a secret of his admiration for Prince Fielder.
Ervin Santana's mastery of the strike zone against his former teammates was incomplete.
The Toronto Blue Jays are glad to see sluggers Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion hitting well at the same time.
Prince Fielder bounced a tiebreaking single off Jared Burton's glove in the eighth inning, leading the Detroit Tigers to a 7-6 come-from-behind victory over the Minnesota Twins on Thursday night.
Joe Blanton got some backing from the Angels' bats and bullpen, and finally got his first win of the season.
Drew Stubbs and Mark Reynolds drove in three runs each and Cleveland had 16 hits in the Indians' 12-3 win over the Boston Red Sox in manager Terry Francona's return to Fenway Park on Thursday night.
Jimmy Howard kept Jonathan Toews in his misery, making three saves against the struggling star to help the Detroit Red Wings beat the Chicago Blackhawks 2-0 on Thursday night in Game 4 of the second round series to put the NHL's best team during the regular season on the brink of elimination.
Edwin Encarnacion hit his fifth career grand slam, J.P. Arencibia homered and drove in four runs and the Toronto Blue Jays beat Baltimore 12-6 on Thursday night, spoiling the debut of Orioles right-hander Kevin Gausman.
Chris Kreider proudly wore the Broadway Hat in the victorious New York Rangers dressing room as he tried to describe the feeling of saving his team's season.
Word on the Street: Puyallup City Council approves appointments to new citizens task force on homelessness
- Change is coming: Mariners to send down Jesus Montero to Tacoma, bring up Jesus Sucre
- Morning links: Curry admits football was not his No. 1 priority in Seattle
- Seahawks' Lynch has DUI motion continued
- King County Sheriff’s deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
- History lesson blooming in Steilacoom