- It's not unusual for a cat to get a hairball, but a 400-pound tiger needed help from veterinary surgeons in Florida when he couldn't hack up a basketball-size hairball by himself.
LATEST FROM THE AP: Breaking News | Business News | Consumer News | Entertainment News | Food and Wine News | Health Science News | Home and Garden News | Nation and World News | Outdoors News | Politics News | Religion News | Sports News | Technology News | Travel News | Weird News | World News
AP Weird News HEADLINES
Researchers say Thailand is showing the world how to respond to the global food crisis: by raising bugs for eating.
A surprise shell has caused a big stir at a popular Athens beach.
A manager of Chicago's Navy Pier rode the tourist spot's Ferris wheel for more than two days - 384 times, up and around - bringing the world record for the longest ride to the birthplace of the amusement park favorite.
An Oregon funeral home in Eugene offers natural burials where the ride to the person's final resting place is on the back of a three-wheeled bicycle.
An anteater has given birth at a Connecticut conservation center, prompting officials there to wonder how the mother conceived.
Anchorage police say a young man who didn't want to return to jail ran out onto the uncertain ice of an Alaska lake to escape officers armed with an arrest warrant.
An Australian politician says he has learned a valuable lesson in social networking after he "liked" a Facebook photo without realizing that it showed a teenage prankster exposing himself.
Authorities in Eastern Oregon say a fleeing man tried to use a backstroke to get across the Columbia River but, exhausted, said he couldn't swim and pleaded with officers to retrieve him. They did.
A Washington woman whose car was stolen from her apartment complex saw the stolen SUV hours later - in the drive-thru of the McDonald's restaurant where she works.
Word on the Street: Puyallup City Council approves appointments to new citizens task force on homelessness
- Fallen Tacoma firefighter lived life filled with discoveries, explorations
- Morning links: Deflating news on Hawks has columnist questioning prediction of perfect season
- Proctors bike-rack bureaucracy tests patience of local Boy Scout
- Harvin's versatility is tantalizing, as long as he stays upright
- Man critically injured in Frederickson motorcycle crash was off-duty King County deputy
- 361 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 171 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 30 Party lines blur at transportation rally