National Business HEADLINES
When the price of gold plunged $200 last month, many people thought they caught the sound of the gold bubble popping.
The stock market is closing out its third straight week of gains, led by small-company stocks.
SMALL IS BEAUTIFUL: The Russell 2000, an index of small-company stocks, put the Dow Jones industrial average to shame. It closed the week up 2.2 percent, more than double the Dow's gain.
The stock market is closing out its third straight week of gains. Small-company stocks fared better than blue chips.
The stock market wavered between small gains and losses Friday but is still on track to finish the week higher.
The stock market pulled back from record levels Thursday as investors became harder to please.
Stock futures are rising and all major markets appear to be headed for solid gains this week.
HARD TO PLEASE: Stocks fell back from record levels, even after the number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits fell last week. The big rally has made investors harder to please.
Stock indexes are mostly higher in midday trading on Wall Street and are on track to post solid gains for the week.
Everybody looks forward to weekends. This year, stock investors should embrace Tuesdays as well.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose, closing above 15,000 for a second day after it breached the landmark level Tuesday.
Stock indexes are barely budging in early trading on Wall Street as corporate earnings reporting for the first quarter draws to a close.
GRINDING HIGHER: The day after closing above 15,000 for the first time, the Dow Jones industrial average maintained its upward momentum and edged up 0.3 percent.
The stock market pulled back early Thursday after surging to record levels during the past week.
Stocks are edging lower on Wall Street as a powerful market advance slows down.
The News Tribune publishes hires and promotions at the professional and management levels.
The News Tribune publishes new business announcements.
- Wilson ahead of learning curve in 2nd season
- Morning links: Harvin shows explosiveness
- Irvin shorn, perhaps reborn after bad news
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Police end search for Susan Powell, implicate brother
- 161 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 118 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 72 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 23 Party lines blur at transportation rally
- 7 Lawyer: Feds investigating Susan Powell case