Peter Callaghan HEADLINES
On Sept. 22, when Metro Parks Tacoma opens a new trail linking the Commencement Bay waterfront to the heart of Point Defiance Park, it wants visitors to know that, while its exciting, they aint seen nothing yet.
Three columns, none deserving of all 690 words. Waste, fraud and abuse, Tim Eyman style; tax breaks for the prosperous; and agendas that are as clear as mud.
The recently opened Waterwalk, part of the Point Ruston residential and retail development, will let walkers and bikers reach the border of Point Defiance. The district hopes to open a temporary walkway along the bluff to the boat house by September. Once completed, the city will finally have a single shoreline path from Foss Waterway to Owen Beach.
As I was walking out of the House of Representatives chamber last week, a social services lobbyist stopped me to compliment me on something I’d written.
- 467 George Zimmerman found not guilty in death of Trayvon Martin
- 452 Tacoma rally promotes discussion following George Zimmerman verdict
- 394 For Zimmerman, ‘not guilty’ does not equal innocence
- 3 Seattle mayor’s tunnel antics put highways at risk
- 1 NSA revelations reframe digital life for some