Tacoma: Chihulytown, USA
Internationally renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly loves his home town and it shows. Tacoma boasts the greatest concentration of publicly accessible Chihuly works of anywhere in the world, most within walking distance of each other. You'll find them in universities and museums, at a hotel, a bar and even a newspaper. Click on the dots for information about each work. Also check out the Tacoma Art Museum's audio tour of Chihuly works and Chihuly's own website for more information.
Map by John Henrikson, staff writer, using Google Fusion tables.
- Change is coming: Mariners to send down Jesus Montero to Tacoma, bring up Jesus Sucre
- Morning links: Curry admits football was not his No. 1 priority in Seattle
- Seahawks' Lynch has DUI motion continued
- King County Sheriff’s deputy injured in off-duty motorcycle crash near Frederickson dies
- History lesson blooming in Steilacoom
- 368 Secrecy ignited firestorms over Benghazi, IRS
- 181 Aide: Obama learned about IRS from news accounts
- 122 He set out to disprove a faith, woo a girl now he loves both
- 75 Narrows tolls to rise; more hikes possible as debt and lack of traffic may push maximum amount over $6 prediction
- 32 Party lines blur at transportation rally